Friday, 18 July after an orthodontic visit to Dr. Dave, Joel, Jeff and I participated in baptisms at the Cardston Temple - it was an amazing time. One of the temple workers, Bro Kunkel, visited with us. He served in the South East Asia Mission in 1964 and spent almost all of his time on the island of Taiwan. He was super excited that Dallin will be serving as a missionary there.
Our ward family camped at the Lee Creek Campground in Cardston. Jeff stayed with a family there while Kevin & I had a sleepover at my Mom's in Raymond, Joel stayed with cousin Matt Lowry in Lethbridge.
Saturday, 19 July bright and early Kevin, Dallin and I went to the Cardston Temple. Grandma Anderson and Aunt Marilyn as well as our friends, Tia and Blake Hill, attended with us. We enjoyed lunch together, dinner together. Sunday morning Joel and Dallin enjoyed hearing two friends speak in sacrament meeting - Morgan Duce who is going to Mexico and Travis Seaborn who is going to Mesa, Arizona. Kevin and I and Jeff enjoyed attending Sacrament meeting with the Airdrie 3rd Ward at the Reunion Center in Cardston. What an incredible weekend!! We feel soo blessed.
Nice contrast to the negativity of Dallin getting rearended on his way home from work in my car. It's just such a pain to jump through all the hoops to get my car fixed...
Joel flies to California tomorrow morning. We are excited for him to reconnect with one of his favorite friend's family. The truck is in getting a once over before we go to Utah.
Flea beetles are attacking my strawberries BIG TIME! Bright and early this morning (Monday, July 21) I sprayed them with doggie flea and tick shampoo with red pepper and sunlight soap. I hope it does the trick! Next is to build a barrier to protect the strawberries from the squirrel pirates. ARRH!