Jeff visited the ear/nose/throat specialist on Thursday and is booked to have his adenoids out on Tuesday, 26 February at the children's hospital. He is that "lucky" one-third of people who are good at growing back adenoids after they have been removed. Hopefully his "Darth Vader" breathing will be history after the surgery.
Dallin left this morning for a wrestling tournament in Regina with the team. Kevin is making "ox-tail soup" from the special ingredients Dad Kay gave him for Christmas. (I don't like the smell so I'm heading out later to a movie with one of my coworkers.) I think my "olfactory" sense is even stronger now than it was when I was pregnant!!!
I enjoyed a visiting teaching brunch at my companion Corrie's this morning with Laurea Rolfson, Frances Burrill and Lynore Derksen. I made the waffles and she did the whip cream and toppings. I'm still trying to find the latest pictures Joel downloaded off the camera - when I do I'll post them...
Joel finished his exams and starts 2nd semester of 11th grade on Monday. I'm a bit worried - Joel has had some scheduling problems and along with Math 20, English 20 and Biology 20 he is taking Art 10 (he wanted phys ed. or mechanics, was put in philosophy and switched to art - I'm just remembering his final Art 8 mark... I sure hope he does better.)
This week my volkswagon hood is being painted so Jeff and I have enjoyed some of the coldest days on foot. (The hood was scratched up by the vw dealership when they removed the wrong 3m kit and put on the right one)!*& I hope to have my car back on Monday.
Andrew is doing well in his new area, Yaounde, Cameroon. I'm so thankful for weekly emails! He is in need of short-sleeved shirts and more ties. Kevin found some nice/inexpensive ties at Army & Navy. We'll have to order the shirts on the internet. Once we have Andrew's address we'll ship them all to him.
I'm so glad that January is almost over. Jeff is looking forward to Active Living days snow-boarding at Canada Olympic Park on the 30th and 31st. Three more weeks of school and then my eye surgery and family day weekend and teachers' convention.
Best wishes for warm, happy times!